BackStreet Browser 3.2Spadix Software - 1.7MB - Freeware
Backstreet Browser is a free, powerful offline browser, a high-speed, multithreaded Web-site download and viewing program. By making multiple simultaneous server requests, BackStreet Browser can quickly download an entire Web site or part of a site, including HTML, graphics, Java applets, sound clips, and other user-definable files, and save all the files to your hard drive, either in their native format or as a compressed ZIP file for viewing offline.
After downloading, all links within the Web site are reconstructed, creating a complete hard-drive copy of the site that you can view at your own pace without being connected to the Internet. Additionally, BackStreet Browser provides the option of duplicating the original directory structure of a site, making it easy to download and transfer a site to another server.
In the event that you lose your Internet connection while downloading a Web site, the Resume Session feature allows you to pick up a session where you left off after reestablishing your Internet connection. If you wish to update a previously downloaded site, the Update Session feature allows you to revisit a site, using new search parameters, to make sure you have the most current files.
In addition to the embedded quick-view browser window in the main program screen, you can launch your default browser for viewing any downloaded projects. The quick-view browser window also supports browsing zipped Web sites, so that you don't need to unzip the files to view.
Major Features of BackStreet Offline Browser:
* High-speed, multithreaded Web-site download
* Resume feature to pick up a session where you left off
* Update feature to download new or modified files
* Built-in file viewer in onboard browser window to view files offline
* Print/preview downloaded files within the same offline browser window
* Built-in Zip/Unzip facility for downloaded Web sites
* Option of duplicating the original directory structure of a site
* Filters files by URL, size, type, date modified, or text
* User-selectable recursion levels, retrieval threads, timeout, and proxy support
* Accesses password-protected Web sites
BackStreet Browser is a Freeware software in the category Internet developed by Spadix Software.
It was checked for updates 31 times by the users of our client application UpdateStar during the last month.
The latest version of BackStreet Browser is 3.2, released on 08/19/2016. It was initially added to our database on 08/25/2007.
BackStreet Browser requires any Windows operating system to be running on the computer it will be installed on. The download file has a size of 1.7MB.
BackStreet Browser has not been rated by our users yet.
Write a review for BackStreet Browser!
with UpdateStar freeware.